To successfully apply for our program, please make sure you can tick all the items on our checklist:
- overview of all work, internship and academic experience relevant to the program, submitted in block form (e.g. CV)
- certificate and transcript of records from previous degrees, including proof of the successful completion of a Master’s degree or equivalent
- proof of English language ability at Level C1 of CEFR
- statement of purpose that details your reasons for applying to the program as well as your future career plans (maximum two pages)
- dissertation proposal (maximum two pages) – this should be a convincing, detailed and well elaborated plan for the dissertation and should provide proof that the candidate will be able to finalize the dissertation concept within three years
- two expert opinions (Fachgutachten) ofprofessors on the dissertation proposal
- a basic knowledge of German and Chinese is advantageous.
Selection will be made based on the quality of the documents listed above. However, the admission committee may invite you to an interview if there are questions regarding your application documents or if a decision has to be made between equally qualified candidates.
for Chinese students studying at FUB, some exceptions regarding the research stay abroad apply; please contact us concerning this issue.
For further information on how supervisors will be assigned to the admitted doctoral students please click here.
Need some help? These resources will point you in the right direction: